Thursday, December 17, 2020

Books I read in 2020!

 

 Year Of 2020 Read!


dog-reading-book - Humane Society of Broward CountyHumane Society of  Broward County

"Powerful knowledge through readings"

    Throughout the pandemic, I've tried my best to exercise my brain, as much as possible. I must admit, this year was like a roller coaster ride. It is fulfilled with fears, fast, and furious. The three F's , is what I like to address it as. Therefore, I strive my best, to increase mindfulness throughout the tough times. Here I will share a few reads, that I attempted throughout the years.

Comer J. Ronald, Comer S. Jonathan: Fundamentals of Abnormal Psychology. Ninth Edition 2019.

Fundamentals of Abnormal Psychology by Ronald J. Comer; Jonathan S. Comer - Ninth Edition, 2019 from Macmillan Student Store

    (This Psychology Book, is required in my Abnormal Behavior class. This book allow us to understand, and acknowledge many different mental health issues. It requires informations to teach, us which modality to use, in treating patients with diagnosis of mental health issues. One of the most important key, I've learned is the 4 D's. An individual must touch based on the 4 D's , to be diagnosis with the mental disorder. The 4 D's are, Danger, Deviance,Distress, and Dysfunction.)

Gray John, Mens are from mars, Women are from Venus. HarperCollins 1992.

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus

( This book, was a fun read. I actually picked up this book from Goodwill, after a break up. I did not have a chance to read it in depth, until now. I've read almost all of it, with the exceptions of the last few chapters. I would say this book is a guidance to understand the difference of both genders. Many times females communicate with emotions, due to the natures of a women, yet mens communicate differently, due to their nature. Therefore, to sustain a healthy long-term relationship, both genders should take some time, and acknowledge the difference of each others natures. If women understand men, as men understand women, then relationship would be more clarify.)

Jack Hawley, The Bhagavad Gita: A walkthrough for Westerners. New World Library, 2011.The Bhagavad Gita: A Walkthrough for Westerners

( I would had never reached out to this wonderful book, if I never took Asian Humanities this semester. This book holds a Sacred religion and teaching in India. The walk of Yogi fascinates me in many ways. I've always question, where does meditation, and mindfulness come from?. This book definitely provide the answers to my question. This book is truly the way, in living a Humanity way. 

Final Thoughts of this class!

    The theme of the project with our group is called, what it means to be human?. What I liked about this project is, our group was able to work together, and pull it through every circumstance, under the stressful pandemic situation. This translates to the team work, even though we all work in a different schedule, and have a stagnant going in life, we all manage to finish our parts, and feel joy together, after receiving our grade. This teamwork, compassion, and patient to understand each others time and life, is part of answer on what it means to be human. I personally spent countless hours on researching and completing my part of duty. I did not keep track of hours, because for every hour I obtain, I will spend time on working it. I also work full time, so I bring my homework to work also. 

    When I first started this Humanities class, I was expecting to learn, what I end up learning!. I expected to learn about culture specifically in Asia. I am Asian myself, yet I want to grasp a better understanding of my own culture , and other Asian cultures. My goal was to understand the Asia culture more, especially Japan. Now that I learn about India, I am in love with their culture, and teachings of The Bhagavad Gita. Before coming to the class, I've already acknowledge some Chinese culture, since I am Chinese myself. Yet, something I learned new about my own culture, is the Confucius philosophy background. I've always watched ancient Chinese drama, and this whole time, I did not know the teachers who live with the Emperor in the palace, and teaches the Emperor's sons, are called Confucius in English. After learning about Confucius, and doing research about it, I find myself gravitate to the teaching. I always pride on elevating growth physically, mentally and spiritually, so I am intrigue to research about it some more, throughout my winter break. I thank my professor, and group for such a smooth ride, through the rough times. After taking a Humanity class, it made me appreciate and observe life with a different aspect. I advice anyone to give Humanity a try, to better understand, the beauty of being Human. Thank you !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before the Renaissance

                                                                                           Parthenon Building Art Built in 447 and 432 BC, d...